ComForcare offers geriatric care management services to deal with many of these issues. It’s also useful for families who live some distance away and can’t be there to manage their loved one’s daily needs.
Your geriatric care manager can provide the following services:
In-Home Nurse Evaluation
A ComForcare nurse/healthcare professional will perform a comprehensive in-home evaluation of your family member’s physical condition and social situation, identify concerns, and set goals for independent living.
Based on the evaluation, the nurse will develop a personalized care plan that will be followed by the in-home caregiver at each visit. We also use the evaluation to carefully match our clients and caregivers, based on personality, interests and life experience.
Coordination of Care and Referrals
We’re always available to answer any questions or concerns you might have. If you live far away, our staff assists you by overseeing care and notifying you of any problems or changes in your care recipient’s needs. We can also provide you and your family with counseling on eldercare issues.
ComForcare can assist with moving an older person to or from an assisted or independent living community, retirement community or nursing home. Our staff can coordinate the rental/purchase and delivery of any required durable medical equipment.
If you have financial, legal or medical issues, we can review your situation and offer referrals to geriatric specialists such as elder law attorneys and physicians.
Additional Care Management Services include:
● Conducting in-depth assessments of medical requirements
● Developing a care/rehabilitation plan
● Referring to appropriate providers of care (i.e. neurologist, physical therapist)
● Facilitating home modifications
● Arranging transportation services
● Attending physician and therapy appointments
● Monitoring and evaluating all services provided to insure that medical requirements are met effectively
● Communicating regularly and frequently with the individual’s family members and other service providers such as physicians, rehabilitation teams, insurance companies, and legal advisors
If you are having trouble keeping track of all the appointments, medications, and insurance forms, or you just feel overwhelmed, call ComForcare to talk to an Intake Specialist at 800-886-4044 or 248-745-9700.