As your loved ones age, it’s natural to start worrying about their health and safety, but how do you know when it’s time to seek help? How do you decide what kind of help your loved ones need? The key to maintaining independent living is recognizing the signs that a family member may need in-home assistance.
Here are some signs that it may be time to bring in elder care services:
- A history of falls
- Weight loss, diminished appetite or unwillingness to prepare meals, spoiled food in the
- Problems with walking or balance, getting up or down, or transferring in and out of bed
- Diminished driving skills or recent car accidents
- Changes in personal grooming or hygiene
- Forgetting to take medication or get prescriptions refilled
- Unclean or cluttered home
- Unpaid bills or paperwork piling up
- A loss of interest in socializing or in activities that were once enjoyed
- Confusion, memory loss, difficulty concentrating or changes in personality
If you recognize any of these signs, call ComForcare to start a discussion.
We’re available 24 hours a day to help you evaluate your needs and determine the best options for you and your loved one. We can meet with you in your home or at our office.
We can provide an in-home evaluation of your loved one's condition and needs, and we’ll work with you to develop a customized care plan for our professional caregivers to follow.